Access Center for Independent Living
The Access Center for Independent Living (ACIL) is a non-residential center for independent living whose board and staff are comprised almost entirely of people with disabilities.
We do so through offering advocacy, information and referral, independent living skills training, peer support, our recycled durable medical equipment program and through assisting individuals transition from institutional settings to community living.
Links to Independent Living:
- A Little History Worth Knowing
- The Independent Living Movement History
- IL History and Philosophy and the emergence of Center for Independent Living (4 part video explanation)
Remote site links:
- Ohio Association of Centers for Independent Living
- Ohio Statewide Independent Living Council
- Independent Living Centers Across the USA
Become a FAN of ACIL on Facebook! If you're a facebook member, please hit the Thumbs Up button near the top and become a fan. If you're new to Facebook, we've provided some recommendations about signing up on Facebook.